Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
The oil and gas sector is a strategic business sector facing a wide range of commercial and regulatory issues. At UK Versity, we have extensive experience of providing programmes and qualifications for the Oil and Gas sector. Our programmes are designed to provide a range of professional and academic qualifications covering all the key areas essential for successful leadership and management in this rewarding sector:
Our team of instructors combines strong academic qualifications with extensive experience in the Oil & Gas sector. This ensures that our students gain not only a valuable qualification; but also access to the knowledge and experience of our staff.
The Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Engineering qualifications prepares learners for employment in the Petroleum Engineering sector and will be suitable for learners who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work. Progression from these qualifications may well be into or within employment in the Petroleum Engineering sector.
This diploma provides opportunities for learners to apply their knowledge and practical skills in the workplace. The qualification prepares learners for employment in the Petroleum Engineering industry and will be suitable for learners who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work or for the existing workforce to gain promotion in the industry. This programme is delivered as an On-Line via blended learning programme.
Level 4 Units
- Project Management
- Key Issues in Science Industry
- Process Safety Engineering
- Engineering Science Principles
- Environmental Awareness
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Mathematics for Science 1
- Petroleum Geology and Geophysics
Level 5 units
- Mathematics for Engineering 1
- Process Control
- Petroleum Recovery Techniques
- Electrical Systems in Potentially Explosive and Gas Hazardous Environments
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics
- Single Phase AC Circuits
- Major Research Project
- A certificate in business studies or a equivalent Level 4 diploma in business
- An equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- Mature students with a minimum of 2-5 years relevant work experience may be considered.
You will normally need to have at least one of the following:
- BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in an appropriate area
- an AVCE/GNVQ in an appropriate vocational area
- A GCE A Level profile, which demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades at level A-C
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- 2-5 years of related work experience
- Each unit is internally assessed using assignments and is graded by tutors. Grades awarded are Pass, Merit or Distinction. There is no overall grade awarded for this qualification.
- All international students must have good strength in English language to follow up the course successfully otherwise, they have to undergo an English Language programme until they meet the required standard. Ideally IELTS 5.5 and or equivalent
- The fees include registration, assessment, verification and certification
- There are no other hidden costs
- Awarding Body: Qualifi
- Course Duration: 12-24 months
- Method of study: Online / Blended Learning
- Qualification Level: QCF 5
- Starting dates: January, April, July, and September
- We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however, details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit