Pearson BTEC HND Courses
Pearson BTEC HND Business Course
The two-year courses are designed to help you develop advanced knowledge and skills appropriate for a career in the respective industry or sector. In addition, it provides individuals with the academic and critical thinking skills required at higher education level. The HND course comprises 240 credits, of which 120 are completed at Level 4 (HNC) and 120 at Level 5 (HND). On successful completion of two years, your final award will be an HND. Additionally, learners can progress to a third year BA or BSc (Hons) related degree course at any UK University.
Learners should hold/meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You will require a minimum of 48 UCAS points from a level 3 qualification
- 5 GCSEs – grades A*-C including English and maths
- OR Business Level 3 Extended Diploma OR other business-related Level 3 qualifications
- Mature applicants over 21 years of age with relevant industrial experience
- The provider will determine English Language ability if English is not your native language. Mostly all courses offered required an IELTS 4.5 or Equivalent*
*This is subject to the level of the course you have selected and will be explicitly stated in the details of the course you have applied for.
Year 1 – Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Business
- Business and the business environment
- Marketing essentials
- Human resource management
- Management and operations
- Management accounting
- Managing a successful business project (Pearson-set)
- Entrepreneurship and small business management
- Financial accounting
Year 2 – Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business
- Research project (Pearson-set)
- Organisational behaviour
- Brand Management
- Business strategy
- International Marketing
- Brand management
- Sales Management
- Global Business Environment
Teaching will take a variety of forms. The majority of the course will be lecturing and taught webinar sessions or other monitored activities that contribute to learning and assessment.
Each unit is assessed by individual or group participation, research and coursework assignments. Assessment activities provide major opportunities for learning, including:
- Group and individual work
- Peer feedback
- Individual and group presentations
- Essay, evaluations, and assignments
Upon successful completion of Pearson BTEC Diploma qualifications, learners will be eligible to gain entry into the final year top-up for BA/ BSc Degree in any UK University.
Course material, including presentations, handouts, assignment briefs, and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to this, the learners also get the course handbook and tutorial via emails to support the learning.
We can provide printed books for a few units and these can be ordered by the learners at the start of the course at an additional cost. The books are from BPP Media or other publications and are discounted for enrolled learners. They are available for some units only.
The learner sets the pace for learning and the courses are offered on an academic year basis. Although our tutors encourage the learners to make progress monthly, this approach is flexible.
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate – £2250
Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma – £3950
*The fee includes registration, assessment, teaching, and certification. There is no other hidden cost.
Awarding Body: Pearson Plc
Course Duration: 12-18 months
Qualification Level: 4/5
Method of study: Distance Learning / Blended Learning / Part Time / Full Time
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however, details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit Pearson official website on https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/btec-higher-nationals/business-2016.html