Qualification Number: 603/6559/6
Level 3 Diploma in Applied Statistics has been designed to introduce learners to the purpose and aims of statistical analysis and the main statistical techniques that can be used within organisations. This will provide information and support decision making and an understanding of how statistics are used and may be misused in this context.
The units give learners the knowledge to identify and use relevant statistical information in a business context and to interpret and validate statistical information, identifying any bias, as well as to produce information of their own. They will learn the main statistical techniques used in business and when and how to apply them and they will gain an understanding of the use of ICT in supporting the collection and analysis of data. The knowledge of statistics will support learners in other areas of study relating to business such as marketing and finance.
The learners have to complete 4 mandatory to achieve the 60 credits.
- L/618/4159 Unit 1 Introduction to Statistics
- F/618/4160 Unit 2 Hypothesis Testing
- J/618/4161 Unit 3 Statistics in Industry and Commerce
- L/618/4162 Unit 4 ICT in Statistics
The Level 3 Diplomas within the IAP are designed to meet the needs of learners who are progressing from the study at Level 2, as well as those who are returning to learning
- Learners aged 16 or over, who have recently been in education or training
- 5 or more GCSEs at grades C and above or Grade 4 and above
- other related levels 2 subjects
- other equivalent international qualifications.
- Learners will need to have appropriate Level 2 standard in English and in particular Mathematics/Numeracy
Assessment and Verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed via assignments and externally verified by the awarding organisation. There are no examinations in this course. The learner can therefore achieve a Pass, Merit, Distinction or Fail for each unit based on the quality of the work submitted and the assessor’s judgements made against the criteria provided.
Course material, including presentations; handouts, assignment briefs and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to this, the learners also get the course handbook and tutorial via emails to support the learning.
The learner sets the pace for learning and the courses are offered across an academic-year basis. Although our tutors encourage the learners to make progress monthly, but this approach is flexible.
Learners may progress to
- employment or have increased opportunities for progression in their current role
- a higher level ATHE qualification at Level 4 or above, in a related subject
- the first year of a degree programme
- higher-level apprenticeships
The Diploma is issued by the ATHE- Awarding Organisation. UK Versity Online Limited (Number 889) is an accredited and approved delivery Centre for qualifications.
Fees: £950* + VAT for online learning
Student Visitor Visa fees – £2750 for 6 months
* The fees include registration, assessment, teaching, and certification. There are no other hidden costs.
Awarding Body: Awards for Training and Higher Education (ATHE)
Course Duration: 3-6 months
Method of study: Full Time / Blended / Distance Learning
Qualification Level: 3
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however, details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit- https://www.athe.co.uk/qualifications/international-access-programme