LEVEL 4 CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING (601/1620/1)
LEVEL 4 CERTIFICATE IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING (601/1620/1)
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above. The qualification provides an introduction to teaching and aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as individuals not currently in a teaching or training role. Individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training). Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Aim & Objectives of this qualification
This qualification prepares trainee teachers to teach in a range of contexts. There is a significant practice requirement as this qualification will assess, and provide evidence of, competence when undertaking teaching and/or training responsibilities. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualification
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements, of the qualified individuals who are currently working as assessors and who wish to achieve a teaching qualification.
The objective of the qualification is to confirm occupational competence in a teaching role within the workplace.
Candidates must hold/meet one or more of the criteria on the list below:
- Certificate in management studies or business management.
- An equivalent professional qualification from a recognised institution.
- Mature students with a minimum of two years relevant work experience may be considered.
- These qualifications are designed for learners from aged 19 and above.
The provider will determine English Language ability if English is not your native language. IELTS 4.5 or equivalent qualification is preferred but not essential.
A minimum 9 credits have to be achieved in order to gain the qualification. You are expected to demonstrate teaching using a micro-teaching session which will be observed for approx. 30 to 45 minutes. This can include supporting material such as session plans, schemes of work and any other official documentation
Mandatory unit: 3 credits
- H/505/0053 – Unit 1 Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (3 Credits)
Optional units: 3 credit minimum
- (R/505/0050) Unit 05 Understanding assessment in education and training (3 credits)
- D/505/0052 – Unit 02 Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (6 credits)
How is the course delivered?
This is a Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training blended learning course, which will include distance learning, eLearning, observations and face to face workshops. Although we do not make attendance of some course activities compulsory due to varying learner experience, knowledge and understanding of course topics, we reserve the right to request you to attend when learner needs have been identified. You will be supported by an allocated tutor who will also be your assessor. The course delivery will include eLearning and tutorials. Use of technology is highly encouraged in learning and development.
How is the qualification assessed?
The NCFE Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training is internally assessed.
Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. Learning outcomes and assessment criteria specify what each candidate has to achieve. All assessments are via written assignments and reports (portfolio). The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include:
Assessor observation – completed observational checklists and related action plans
- Micro-teaching session
- candidate’s proof of work
- record of professional discussion
- record of oral and written questioning
- candidate and peer reports
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Enrolment is ongoing throughout the year due to the method of course delivery. It is possible for anyone to join the course anytime.
Course materials, including presentations, handouts, assignment briefs and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to this, the learners will also receive the course handbook and tutorial via emails, in order to support the learning.
We can provide printed books for certain units and these can be ordered by the learners at the start of the course at an additional cost. These are from various publications and are discounted for enrolled learners. These are available for selected units only.
The learner sets their own pace for their learning and the courses are offered on an academic year basis. Although our tutors encourage the learners to make progress monthly, this approach is flexible.
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training £995
- Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training + L3 Assessor + L4 IQA Award* £1495
**The assessor course requires access to at least two learners on a vocational training
**For the verifier course you need to be in a quality assurance role and have access to at least two assessors.
The fees include registration, assessment and certification and there are no hidden costs.
Awarding Body: NCFE
Course Duration : 3- 6 months
Method of study: Full Time / Blended Learning
Qualification Level: 4
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit NCFE official website at https://www.ncfe.org.uk/qualification-search/ncfe-level-4-certificate-in-education-and-training-3415.aspx
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.