NCFE LEVEL 3 AWARD IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
NCFE LEVEL 3 AWARD IN EDUCATION AND TRAINING
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 and above. The qualification introduces teaching and aims to meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as Individuals not currently in a teaching or training role. Individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training). Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that introduces teaching.
Aim & Objectives of this qualification
This qualification prepares trainee teachers to teach in a range of contexts. There is a significant practice requirement as this qualification will assess, and provide evidence of, competence when undertaking to teach and/or training responsibilities. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed, practise requirements, of the qualification
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training) who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed, practise requirements, of the qualified individuals who are currently working as assessors and who wish to achieve a teaching qualification.
The objective of the qualification is to confirm occupational competence in a teaching role within the workplace.
- learners should be 19 or over to undertake the qualification.
- You will also need to evidence Literacy skills at level 3 and Numeracy at level 2.
Potential teacher trainees wishing to take any of the specialist optional units will need to evidence Level 3 personal skills in English or mathematics, as appropriate. The entry criteria and how they can be evidenced can be found in ‘Criteria for entry to mathematics (numeracy) and English (literacy and ESOL) teacher training in the lifelong learning sector (LLUK, June 2007, amended 2010).
A minimum of 12 credits have to be achieved in order to gain the qualification. You are expected to demonstrate teaching using a micro-teaching session which will be observed for approx. 30 to 45 minutes. This can include supporting material such as session plans, schemes of work and any other official documentation.
Mandatory unit: 3 credits
- H/505/0053 – Unit 1 Understanding Roles, Responsibilities and Relationships in Education and Training (3 Credits)
Optional units: 9 credit minimum
- (R/505/0050) Unit 05 Understanding assessment in education and training (3 credits)
- D/505/0052 – Unit 02 Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training (6 credits)
How is the course delivered?
This is a Level 3 AWARD in Education and Training blended learning course, which will include distance learning, eLearning, observations and face to face workshops. Although we do not make attendance of some course activities compulsory due to varying learner experience, knowledge and understanding of course topics, we reserve the right to request you to attend when learner needs have been identified. You will be supported by an allocated tutor who will also be your assessor.
The course delivery will include eLearning and tutorials. Use of technology is highly encouraged in learning and development.
How the qualification is assessed?
The NCFE Level 3 Award in Education and Training is internally assessed.
Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of 100% of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria associated with each unit. Learning outcomes and assessment criteria specify what each candidate has to achieve. All assessments are via written assignments and reports (portfolio). The main pieces of evidence for the portfolio could include:
Assessor observation – completed observational checklists and related action plans
- Micro-teaching session
- candidate’s proof of work
- record of professional discussion
- record of oral and written questioning
- candidate and peer reports
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Enrolment is ongoing throughout the year due to the method of course delivery. It is possible for anyone to join the course anytime.
Fees: £450 + VAT
There are no hidden costs. These fees include registration, teaching, assessment and certification.
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however details may change and we cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit NCFE website on https://www.qualhub.co.uk/qualification-search/qualification-detail/ncfe-level-3-award-in-education-and-training-3670
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.