Qualification Number: 4001101X
Thinking of starting a career in healthcare and not sure where to start? Do you like taking care of people and see an exciting career in nursing ahead? If you have a passion for health and care, this Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery course is for you. In this nursing course, you’ll study some of the most important topics in healthcare, including Biology, Social Issues in Healthcare and Psychology. Learning from industry-experienced tutors, you’ll get to grips with subjects such as mental health, human physiology and health and social care provision. This Access to Nursing and Midwifery course will provide you with the perfect foundation to take your healthcare studies further. Traditionally, universities were quite strict on what they accepted as adequate qualifications to meet the entry requirements of their courses. Limiting many would-be students from pursuing higher education to reach their career goals, like becoming a registered nurse. An Access to Higher Education Diploma (Nursing) is a blended learning course that allows you to study from home, or wherever suits, at your pace. Its vocation focused modules provide you with knowledge and skills so specific to nursing that they can be used as the equivalent to 3 A levels.
UK Versity is a leading blended learning provider and Access to Higher Education Diploma (Nursing & Midwifery) is a Level 3 nationally recognised qualification regulated by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA). Studied completely online, the flexibility of this course enables you to work towards your nursing future outside of your current commitments. Our students complete this course within 9-12 months.
To successfully achieve this Access to HE Diploma you will need 60 credits in total
- Academic Writing Skills
- Academic Research Skills
- ICT Skills and Uses for HE
- Introduction to Issues in Health and Social Care
- Introduction to Professional Healthcare Service and Practice
- A Brief History of Health and Medicine
- Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Social and Community Welfare Provision (CUA)
- Health and Social Care Provision (CUA)
- Research Project (Social Issues in Healthcare)
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Safeguarding in Health and Social Care
- Infectious Diseases
- Aspects of Human Physiology (CUA)
- Although there are no formal entry requirements for this Access to HE Diploma, to meet university entry requirements you may need GCSEs or further credits at Level 2. If you do not have these already, you can study them with us.
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths or GCSE equivalent international qualifications
- learners must be over the age of 19 to study this qualification
- learners must also have an appropriate standard of English to enable them to access relevant resources and complete the unit assignments
All units within this qualification are internally assessed via assignments and externally verified by awarding organisation. There are no examinations in this course.
All course material, including presentations, handouts, and assignment briefs and e-books are made available to enrolled learners. In addition to this, the learners will attend classes at the College for 2 days to cover the core units. Online tutorials will also be conducted by lecturers
The Access to Diploma is issued by the Ascentis – Awarding Organisation. UK Versity Online Limited (Number 3286) is an accredited and approved delivery Centre for Ascentis qualifications.
By completing an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Nursing & Midwifery) and a subsequent nursing degree, you will open yourself up to an array of career prospects.
- Learners may progress to the 3 years B.Sc Nursing degree at any UK university
- Completing an Access to HE Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery provides learners with numerous progression routes to higher education and careers in nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, radiography, occupational therapy and other health-related subjects. Some learners have gone on to work as a paramedic practitioner or operating theatre practitioner
- Learners can go into many different nursing roles which include adult nurse and health & Social care profession
Fees – £1500+VAT
* The fee includes registration and assessment fees. There is no other hidden cost
Awarding Body: Ascentis
Course Duration: 9-12 months
Method of study: Full Time / Blended Learning
Qualification Level: 3
We do everything we can to ensure that information on our website is correct, however, details may change and cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions. For more detailed information about the course visit – https://www.ascentis.co.uk/qualifications/access-to-higher-education