UK Versity does not provide accommodation but has a tied up with Bunkout which is a company based in Manchester and will provide the following options to learners who are coming to study under the Student Visitor Visa. The company and its facilities have been inspected and vetted by UK Versity and the accommodation options include
- Homestay option
- Private Room rent in a house share
- Single Occupancy – £150 per person per week
- Room Share (based on 2 people sharing) – £130 per person per week
- Family Location – We ensure that all of our homestay families live within the Greater Manchester area within 15 – 45 minutes travel to the centre of Manchester on average by public transport (tram, bus or train). All families are on direct transport links to the city centre, which makes it easy for efficient learning and living (you will not have to change buses).
Meals – All of our homestays include Half Board: Breakfast, an evening meal every day and lunch at the weekends.
- Breakfast: Breakfast usually consists of toast and cereal.
- Lunch: Lunch usually consists of a light meal such as a salad, soup or sandwich.
- Main Meal (dinner): Your host family will usually serve the evening meal between 6-7pm. Dinner is freshly prepared every night and may include fish or meat, vegetables and either rice, pasta or potatoes – this is all dependent on the host family.
- Special requests: Most of our homestay families are happy to cater for special diets such as vegetarian, halal or kosher. Mealtimes are a great opportunity to sit down with your family and practise the English you have learnt in the day, offering you a very effective learning environment!
What can I expect in my room? – Our students can expect the following within their rooms:
- A bed and storage space such as a wardrobe and/or chest of drawers.
- There will also be either a desk in the room or somewhere quiet in the house where you can study.
- The family will provide fresh bed sheets and towels once a week and students have the use of the washing machine.
- Students will be provided with their own key.
- All our families have internet access.
- The student will share a bathroom with the family.
Bathroom – In a standard homestay, the student will share the bathroom with family members and/or other students.
Can I change my host family? – If either you or the host is not happy with your partnership, please speak to us at your earliest convenience. A change of host families can be arranged with 7 days notice.
Will I be the only international student who lives with the host family?
Homestay families can host between 1 and 4 students in their house. Each student has to have their own bedroom and students who speak the same native language are not placed together unless they request it.
Private Room rent in a House Share
Bunkout manages properties for private room shares in Greater Manchester.
- £500 per month for a double room
- £700 per month for a double room with 2 people sharing
- £400 per month for a single room
- All bills are included with the fee.
- Deposit: 1-month rent
- Term: Minimum stay = 1 month
BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION HERE: https://bunkout.co.uk/student-registration/