Short Term Study Visas
Short Term study in the UK
- UK Versity offers Short-Term Student Visa to study a course in the UK. To be eligible to apply for this visa, you need to be of a minimum age of 18 years or over. The Short-Term Student Visa is to study a short academic course if you are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. You can also check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you are applying from. With a Short-Term Student visa, you can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
- UK Versity is accredited by the British Accreditation Council (BAC) so we can provide support for your visa. We provide a visa support letter to international students, and you should use this letter to apply for your visa at a Visa Application Centre in your country. There is an administrative fee for students who need visas of £75 (In case an original visa support letter sent by a courier is needed. If an electronic visa support letter is sufficient, there are no charges).
How the admissions and visa process works:
- First, you need to apply to UK Versity Study programme here.
- The admission team will then conduct an interview on Join.me and this will be recorded. The interview will be approximately 15-20 minutes long and will ask you details about the background, reasons for studying the course, future plan etc.
- On passing the interview, the admission team will issue a “Conditional Offer Letter” with details of the course, modules, study timetable and assessments. You will need to acceptance offer made.
- On acceptance, the finance department will issue an invoice with details of the UK Versity Client account to which you will need to deposit the fees. The fees will vary on the course offered and the duration of the student visitor Visa (6 months or 11 months)
- Once the deposit is received, you should request a visa letter which will then be emailed to you. You will need to check it carefully and let us know if all provided details and information are correct.
- You should then apply for your Short-Term Study visa if required (see paragraph below on certain nationalities who do not need to apply in advance.) Click here for information about short-term study visas; what documents to submit and how to apply. For more information click here.
- Please note that you can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK.
- If you are a national of one of the countries listed in Appendix 2 here you will need to apply for and receive your visa before you fly to the UK. If you are a national of a country not on this list you will be able to fly to the UK and be granted this leave on arrival. Please note that you will still need to bring the documents required (visa support letter from academic summer, financial evidence etc.) to show to the border officer if requested.
Application process summary: Click to visit the www.gov.uk website for more details