As the circumstances surrounding the ongoing pandemic unfold, and following the advice regarding social distancing, UK Versity has taken the difficult decision to restrict access to the centre at Universal Square and suspend face-to-face teaching from 5 pm on Friday 20 March. This is in an effort to control the spread of Coronavirus/COVID19 and in line with official guidance. While we regret this action is necessary, the safety of our community is our first concern.
What will this mean?
- From 5 pm on Friday 20 March, the UK Versity will restrict all face to face contact at the College and premises at Universal Square.
- The classroom-based courses for Level 3/4 are going to be suspended in the wake of the government announcements
- This does not apply to administrative and teaching staff
- The Moodle /LMS: which will remain accessible throughout this period unless there is a technical issue.
If a student is required to self-isolate and is currently attending classroom-based courses at UK Versity, then you are expected to email [email protected] and we will contact you to make appropriate arrangements.
What about teaching?
- Students who are studying via Blended learning are not affected and the sessions conducted via join.me will happen as usual.
- Students who are studying classroom-based courses will now be asked to attend webinar sessions. Provisions have been made to ensure that staff are able to continue to work and teach students remotely to avoid physically gathering in groups. We are also making provisions for alternative assessment.
- Your course tutor will be in touch with you directly regarding the circumstances that will allow you to continue your studies. These may include, but not be limited to:
- Provision of online learning and teaching;
- Please login to moodle for details as this will be a central resource for individual courses.
When will the classroom-based courses reopen and normal teaching resume?
UK Versity will continue to update the News page of the website with the latest information and timescales for when the access to the College / Universal Square facilities will reopen but our provisional date is Monday 20 April. However, this is subject to change depending on circumstances and guidance.
Please know that this is not a decision arrived at lightly, and we are doing all we can to ensure you continue to receive the highest possible standard of education while safeguarding your health and wellbeing. Please direct any questions to [email protected]
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest Government advice, which is updated daily.